As a Portfolio & Project Manager you support the division Customer & Business Solutions (C&BS) by continuously improving processes. C&BS is responsible for developing, improving, and managing customer products/propositions that are in line with ICS' strategy. You get triggered by seeing opportunities for efficiency and come up with solutions. Because of your hands-on mentality, you want to start to improve the process and a positive result will be achieved. The result is a sustainable process.
In everything you do, you keep the strategic objectives of ICS and C&BS in mind. You keep an overview and have insight into which projects are running and will come in the (near) future within C&BS. It is easy for you to connect the dots. And by that you can easily see which projects have a connection or dependency with each other. You also have an overview of the planning, the budget and the achieved results. You discuss the progress and involve relevant stakeholders. To conclude, you could state that you are the guardian of the way of working. You have an overview of all current projects and dependencies within C&BS. And because you have all the insights, you help the organisation to make the right considerations / choices.
Besides this, you will also support the business by doing projects such as onboarding a new partner, developing new projects for our customer together with the Product Manager and Product owner. Together with them you make agreements about the planning, budget, and results.
As a Portfolio & Project Manager your main activities are:
- Coordinate the prioritization and planning of the C&BS portfolios;
- Advising and training internal stakeholders to implement the agile way of working;
- Pro-actively identifying risks regarding achieving the objectives;
- Monitor the coherence between different projects;
- Managing the demand and portfolio management processes as well as the benefit tracking and ensuring that this is continuously up to date;
- Responsible for the project roadmap of C&BS and the performance of it;
- Responsible for executing the portfolio management process within the C&BS domain;
- Translating the strategy into concrete goals and monitoring the process;
- Managing projects from the planning phase to delivery according to clear and well-maintained project plans;
- Responsible for the project objectives (scope, time, costs, risks, quality, etc.);
- Keep track of the various activities and give status updates;
- Responsible for producing a Project Plan.