- 10+ jaar
- Goede communicatie vaardigheden
- Passie voor je vakgebied
- € 5.174 - € 7.392 pm
- Een uitgebreid arbeidsvoorwaardenpakket
- Regie op eigen ontwikkeling
Waarom ABN AMRO?
- Bouwen aan de bank van de toekomst
- Een diverse en inclusieve cultuur
- Veel interne doorgroeimogelijkheden
Senior Linux Platform Engineer
At a glance
As a Senior Linux Platform Engineer, you will work in one of our core teams dedicated to delivering highly available, high- performance integration platforms. You will enter an energetic environment with multiple teams working to create the banking infrastructure of the future. As part of one of our platform teams you build and maintain an integration platform used by many IT chains to support their business processes. Scalability, high availability and security areis our bread-and-butter.
Together with your colleagues, you will work in a DevOps team responsible for on one of our platforms. The position is multi-faceted, not only do you research and develop new tools, but you also configure existing ones, all while keeping a highly critical platform up and running.
Being the senior in the team we expect you to have expert knowledge inon many different fields, like integration, security, automation, and infrastructure. With this expertise, you can help and guide the team. We also expect you to participate in finding solutions for complex (bank- wide) problems and give solid advice where needed.
Together with the team, you are responsible for:
- further development of a secure and stable integration infrastructure
- maintaining the platform by monitoring it closely by building reliable monitoring
- analyzing and resolving any incidents on our platform
- improving the platform's performance and usability
- performing risk assessments and threat models to make sure every area of attack is covered
- collaborating with architects and our customers to improve our infrastructure
- Working environment
- Our team manages an On-Prem Internal API Gateway and falls under the sub-department EIT (Enterprise Integration Technology), that consists of several DevOps teams that manage their own integration platforms. We also have teams within the sub-department that provide architecture consultancy and work on API Strategy.
Our team manages an On-Prem Internal API Gateway and falls under the sub-department EIT (Enterprise Integration Technology), whichthat consists of several DevOps teams that manage their own integration platforms. We also have teams within the sub-department that provide architecture consultancy and work on API Strategy.
Our platforms are a key part of the stability of the bank as a whole!
As a candidate we expect you to meet the following criteria:
- You are highly experienced in managing Linux systems, preferably RHEL 8. You need to know networking, TCP/IP, firewall configuration, file systems, services, logging and auditing
- You are highly experienced in Ansible, and can implement concepts like: Managing inventory, writing roles and writing playbooks at scale
- You have experience with branching strategies for large software development projects such as “git flow” or “trunk-based development” or mono repos
- You have experience with bash and python and you’re able to develop code in both languages
- You are familiar with security, scalability and reliability and apply them in your day-to-day job
- You understand concepts like high availability and redundancy for services running in a cluster
- And as we are managing a critical 24/7 platform, we expect you to have Experience with on-call rotation and incident handling
On a more personal note, we want you to:
- Be able to take the lead
- Be able to mentor medior and junior developers in the team
- Be eager to learn by doing and to be aware of your areas of growth
- Have a proactive attitude, and not be afraid to challenge people and processes
- Have a DevOps mindset
And let’s not forget that you’re part of an international team, so:
- You are fluent in English
We are offering
- The opportunity to be the best you can be, work flexible hours and lots of room to grow both personally andprofessionally
- The opportunity to pro-actively work on your vitality and fitness
- A salary ranging from € 6.000 to € 8.000 per month based on a 40-hour workweek
- A supplementary benefit budget of 11%, which you can spend on additional fringe benefits
- A personal development budget of € 1.000 per year
- An annual public transportation pass or travel budget, depending on the function
- A solid pension plan
- Disclaimer external recruitment agencies
- External recruitment agencies need to have a signed agreement with ABN AMRO BANK N.V., executed by a Talent Acquisition Specialist, when submitting a resume to a vacancy. In addition, a recruitment agency can only submit a resume when invited by a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join the search for a right candidate. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of ABN AMRO BANK N.V. In this case, ABN AMRO will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Does this sound like the job for you? Then please reply to this vacancy as quickly as possible. If you still have questions about the function or the team you can always contact Bashir Khoshiwal via 06-30489242 or Edwin van der Heide via 06-53415449.
We hope to hear from you soon!
Equal opportunities for all
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.
Disclaimer external recruitment agencies
External recruitment agencies need to have a signed agreement with ABN AMRO BANK N.V., executed by a Talent Acquisition Specialist, when submitting a resume to a vacancy. In addition, a recruitment agency can only submit a resume when invited by a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join the search for a right candidate. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of ABN AMRO BANK N.V. In this case, ABN AMRO will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Hoe ziet je sollicitatieprocedure eruit?
1 Reageer online op een vacature
2 Wij beoordelen je CV en motivatie
3 We nodigen je uit voor een interview
4 Daarna volgt mogelijk een assessment
5 Je ontvangt een aanbieding
6 Gefeliciteerd met je baan!
7 Welkom bij ABN AMRO!