You have a strong quantitative education in an area such as mathematics, econometrics, actuarial studies, or physics. Besides that you have skills in software packages for statistical and data analysis, such as Python, SAS, R, and MatLab. You want to prove yourself in a quantitative modelling environment, and to apply your skills to derive meaningful, robust, data driven models to guide business decisions. You work well within a team, and can take responsibility for making your contribution to successful delivery.
You fit the profile if you meet the following requirements:
• Quantitative academic education (Master’s Degree or PhD) in a relevant field, like econometrics, mathematics, actuarial studies or physics;
• Good knowledge of statistics, econometrics, financial mathematics;
• Able to effectively communicate (in written and spoken English) about your analysis and results;
• Experienced in modern programming languages (e.g. Matlab, Python) or statistical languages (e.g. SAS, R);
• Strong analytic skills and affinity with data analytics, (pre)processing, and data handling;
• Able to work independently and under pressure;
• Pro-active attitude and an excellent team player.
The recruitment process includes technical assessment to test the knowledge of statistics and econometrics. For example, a candidate might be asked how logistic regression works and how to apply it in a given setting. A candidate might also be asked to solve a brain teaser.