- 10+ jaar
- Een klantgerichte visie
- Bewezen leiderschapskwaliteiten
- € 6.988 - € 9.982 pm
- Een uitgebreid arbeidsvoorwaardenpakket
- Regie op eigen ontwikkeling
Waarom ABN AMRO?
- Bouwen aan de bank van de toekomst
- Een diverse en inclusieve cultuur
- Veel interne doorgroeimogelijkheden
Chapter Area Lead Clearing Bank
At a glance
The Chapter Area Lead (CAL) – Expert Lead III (IT) is a visionary leader within a competence area, being business development or IT. A CAL is responsible for keeping oversight over multiple related technical areas (chapters) and for directly coaching the Chapter Leads (CL) in their area of expertise. Furthermore, the CAL is responsible for setting global standards for the technologies that he/she is working in and inspiring the CL and IT Engineers with a solid strategy that plans to have a workforce fit for the future organisation.
As an Expert Lead, you know how to bring your vision to life and enable sustainable change. You find the right balance between the organisation’s strategy and your expertise. You work at a level that goes beyond your department and are able to use your influence to bring about change. You manage subject-matter experts who have their own area of responsibility. You look after the interests of your department in dealings with internal and external stakeholders. You enable the experts in your team to be the best they can be and to bring out the best in each other. You implement new ways of working that are appropriate for the situation. You guarantee a positive culture. Everyone supports and promotes the associated values. Your team is committed, motivated and capable of achieving objectives.
- Strategic workforce planning around the current and future talent distribution of the organisation, in collaboration with CLs and others CALs
- Establish and drive a roadmap for building excellence in the area, delivering on objectives and key results defined in the QBR
- Define and enforce competence and standards across blocks and chapters (e.g., test automation, development frameworks)
- Provide coaching for Chapter Leads in the area, and perform HR tasks for direct reports
- Ensure common practices and way-of-working across the chapters & blocks (e.g., code review)
- Driving standardisation and adherence/complying to Architecture
Knowledge and skills
• Knowledge of financial services and current trends in the field of investing/securities transactions, products, processes, Agile, DevOps and Lean methodologies, relevant infrastructure, back-end systems, platforms, applications, IT outsourcing, Service Management processes and procedures, software development and Application Program Interfaces (APIs)
• Skilled at people management and different types of teamwork
• Strategy, vision, and policy-making
• Skilled in stakeholder management
• Capable of giving and asking for feedback
• Domain expertise: Strong knowledge of the business proposition of ABN AMRO Clearing Bank (AACB) and its meaning for IT - Expert knowledge on the area of expertise (e.g. front-end, analytics, business analysis)
• Individual skills: Strong communication skills to teach staff new concepts and convey decisions about e.g., performance assessment - Proven skills in coaching team members in the areas of performance, standards and work methods, and leadership ability to get the most out of team members
• Mindset & behaviours: Passion and love of their subject area, openness to new ideas - Belief in a non-hierarchical culture of interaction, transparency and trust in blocks - Able to operate in and contribute to the risk & control culture required to develop high-quality software at AACB
• Strategy developed (including budget)
• Interdepartmental and other work processes implemented
• Team activities are compliant
• Motivated staff who have the right skills to achieve key performance indicators (KPIs)
• A network of relevant stakeholders to facilitate work
• Relevant parties provided with insight and expertise
Behaviour – How you do this
You use a coaching style to manage specialists. You are guided by data, facts, and output. You are able to motivate and inspire others. You focus on communicating clearly and transparently, which ensures you convey your message without ambiguity. You are open to the opinions of others and turn this to your advantage. You have a broad, general interest in your discipline. You have a full understanding of the specialists and their expertise and are a valuable discussion partner.
• Cluster-wide Ownership
• Client focus
• Motivating others
• Promoting teamwork
Profile - specific
• Adaptability to change
Your working environment
YYou lead a team of specialists focusing on defining or co-defining strategy and policy, and implementing them in the IT domain based on a specialist discipline or a combination of disciplines. You have the ability to oversee the entire IT domain and relevant other domains (e.g. Sales, Legal and Compliance) and engage them in your activities. IT makes sure that IT systems are available to clients and staff on a daily basis, designs solutions, provides business information, creates transparency regarding the share of IT in the total cost of ownership, and maintains systems and infrastructure service quality. You enable the business to ensure that effective and efficient measures are taken to protect the organisation's information resources and data. IT also knows which services are provided by which suppliers. You have in-depth knowledge of a specific field in the IT domain, supplemented by knowledge of the broad IT domain.
The Chapter Area Lead will be managing 5-10 Chapter Leads that each manage 8-10 IT engineers. Some Chapters will span multiple timezones as IT Engineers will be working in different locations of AACB.
AACB is the cornerstone of global financial markets. As a Clearing Bank, we offer our clients the ability to trade on 90+ financial markets, giving us a top three position globally. In this position, we secure and govern a safe, transparent and sustainable market. Our clients include professional traders, investment managers and corporates with whom we have longstanding personal relationships. We understand them and strive to deliver the same high-quality service across the globe. All with the aim to reduce risk and make financial markets more efficient and reliable. Given the high demands of our clients and highly volatile market, the work in AACB gives you a chance to learn a lot in a short period. Working at AACB means thriving in an international, professional yet informal, fast-paced, IT-driven environment.
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Data Science or related fields
- 10+ years of working experience
- Experience in managing large teams with IT Engineers
- Used to working in an international environment - English is necessary
- Cultural sensitivity is very important, as you will work with different nationalities
- Strong stakeholder management skills within and outside the Grid
- You can quickly understand complex situations and are able to communicate clearly with both technical and business colleagues and partners
- Knowledge of Java and Python development practices
- Knowledge of additional programming languages in scope of the CAL
What we offer
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas they have. We believe that teams composed of a combination of cultures, knowledge and experience will generate insights, perspectives and innovative solutions for our customers. Therefore, diversity is of vital importance to our organisation. To ensure that everyone within ABN AMRO Clearing Bank can develop his or her qualities, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel involved and appreciated.
We are offering
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and encourage training and development for our employees.
- A truly international environment and a business line which is globally a top three player
- Hybrid working environment (home and office)
- The opportunity to be the best you can be, work flexible hours and lots of room to grow both personally and professionally
- The opportunity to pro-actively work on your wellbeing and fitness
- A supplementary benefit budget of 11%, which you can spend on additional fringe benefits
- A personal development budget of EUR 1.000 per year
- An annual public transportation pass or travel budget, depending on the function
- A solid pension plan
Are you interested? Apply via the button below and upload your resume and cover letter. To find out more, contact Friso Westra or the Agile Transformation Office via AACB-Globalemail@example.com.
We very much look forward to meeting you.
Equal opportunities for all
Disclaimer external recruitment agencies
Hoe ziet je sollicitatieprocedure eruit?
1 Reageer online op een vacature
2 Wij beoordelen je CV en motivatie
3 We nodigen je uit voor een interview
4 Daarna volgt mogelijk een assessment
5 Je ontvangt een aanbieding
6 Gefeliciteerd met je baan!
7 Welkom bij ABN AMRO!