- An entrepreneurial attitude
- A customer centric focus
- Collaborative skills
- Challenging work
- Excellent secondary employment conditions
- In charge of personal development
Why ABN AMRO?
- Building a future proof bank
- A diverse and inclusive culture
- Extensive internal career opportunities
Data Coordinator Officer
At a glance
The DCO is responsible for supporting UK Head of P&C on day to day work across a wide range of activities within the first line of defence. Covering information sourcing and data management, as well as supporting development, maintenance and presentation of robust and quality management information (MI) aligned to the UK P&C team responsibilities. The DCO will also be responsible for embedding and strengthening clear data ownership across the UK enabling the Bank to use data to add value to the organisation as well as aligning the quality of data to its intended use.
The DCO is responsible for control, actionable advice and business line-wide data management initiatives, supporting key stakeholders with data management expertise; enabling data owners and other key stakeholders in their journey to make data fit-for-purpose. The role will include extensive alignment and coordination with the relevant Data Stewards and the Corporate Banking Data Office in Head Office to ensure effective data management in the UK and assume the role of “Single Point Of Contact” (SPOC) for all data matters. Data Quality Management is a core component of good data management and this is a core function for the Data Coordinator in supporting the Data Owner ensuring the data is continually fit-for purpose.
The DCO also monitors, controls and provides actionable insights to ensure enterprise and business line data management standards are adhered to.
The aim of the DCO is to both support data management across all UK business lines and provide high quality MI to support the strategic priorities of the businesses and inform senior management on the robustness of the control framework as well as.
• Supporting data owners with data management expertise, enabling data owners and other key stakeholders to make data fit for purpose, and to identify and control risks associated with making data fit for purpose.
• Build effective relationships with key head Office stakeholders to ensure alignment with the data strategy of the Bank and be a SPOC for all data management activities across the UK busineses
• Maintain Power BI MI dashboards, via proactive liaison with business lines, support functions and DFC Oversight.
• Maintain awareness of KRIs agreed by UK senior management, ensuring UK MI arrangements reflect KRI measures and expected reporting frequency.
• Develop written protocols, Working Agreements, process flows, etc. linked to:
Data sourcing from relevant systems of records.
Accessing lower level detail/information from source systems and personnel, when required, to inform understanding and awareness of identified triggers or anomaly in MI data.
Improving or enhancing P&C capability to filter/analyse base data.
• Prepare and present context and/or analysis in support of MI dashboard outputs:
To highlight a material trend, risk trigger or anomaly, whether internal systems/controls related or external nexus (e.g. customer/third party risk).
Support MI dashboard use and embedding in business lines.
Understand dashboard data sources, gaps and limitations.
• Be involved in assessing data risk and giving an expert opinion on the status of the UK situation
• Maintaining records and reporting on P&C activity, plus developing focused MI reports for use in internal and/or external reporting, as needed.
• Monitor Group Policies and Global Standards to identify new/emerging requirements of UK ABN AMRO entities, to ensure UK arrangements align to Group (and UK) requirements.
• Leading MI collation derived from business lines and functions. Maintaining reporting schedules and data collection arrangements aligned to committees and governance forums.
• Act as Data Steward and support Data Owners in execution of Data Management capabilities and responsibilities when required.
• Ensuring timely submission of MI and relevant supporting analysis to target audiences (e.g. routine and ad-hoc reporting to UK committees and forums).
• Sourcing data and information from: (i) UK-based entities of ABN AMRO Group N.V.; and (ii) non-UK locations undertaking regulated activity out-sourced by ABN AMRO UK entities.
• Maintain library/archive of MI reporting, including documents, other records and data relevant to:
Reporting on activity undertaken by P&C team; and
First line’s response to: (i) control risks identified via second line assurance activity; and (ii) internal audit findings on adequacy and effectiveness of governance and risk management.
• Support development and maintenance of MI dashboards (via Power BI) which take account of senior management risk appetite, defined key risk indicators (KRIs) and key performance indicators (KPIs) aligned to governance forums terms of reference (e.g. Risk Committee, Financial Crime Risk Committee, etc.).
• Develop internal dashboards in support of P&C initiatives - Ensure timely dissemination of updates and notifications on P&C activity, performance, progress reporting and outcomes (liaising with colleagues in UK business lines and support functions).
• Take the role of the SME in respect to data reporting and provide advice and guidance to other data users and colleagues developing reporting.
• Develop tactical and operational plans to support decision making to drive the required activities to make a complete and useable data set.
• Organise and facilitate that data is managed according ABN AMRO data management standards:
Data is described in a business understandable manner.
Data is registered (incl. ownership and related requirements).
Data is made available via the enterprise-wide data platform and is made available according to its purpose, in line with policies.
Data is monitored by data quality checks.
Data (quality) issues and requests are prioritised and structurally resolved.
• Monitor progress and provide actionable advice to Data Owners and other partners to make data fit-for-purpose.
• Provide tactical and strategic management information and advice for data management related topics.
• Facilitate the intake of new data requests that do not clearly belong to an existing data-set or Data Owner.
• Educate (together with CADM and BL Data Governance) key stakeholders and create awareness for data management.
• Initiate specific data management initiatives (e.g. new data governance, connection to enterprise data).
• Participate in the implementation of enterprise data management principles, standards, guidelines, processes and controls to ensure data owned is governed effectively and consistently fit-for-purpose.
Your working environment
ABN AMRO is an enterprising bank with a primary focus on Northwest Europe. We serve clients in the retail, private banking and corporate banking sectors. We are also present internationally in a number of specialist activities, such as Corporate and Commercial Banking, Asset Based Finance and Clearing.
At ABN AMRO we have a clear purpose: Banking for better, for generations to come. The shift towards sustainability is one of the most important challenges of our time. Supporting our clients at times that matter has always been our role and our responsibility. Together, we aim high and work towards lasting relationships that are relevant and responsible, both now and in the future. We want to be the bank that leads the way.
Our strategy goes far beyond financial value: we want to accelerate the transition to sustainability. We do this by supporting and advising our clients in order to facilitate their sustainability shift. Our commitment to clients, employees, investors and society calls for clear direction, focus and dedication.
We concentrate on our three strategic pillars:
• Support our clients’ transition to sustainability
• Reinvent the customer experience
• Build a future-proof bank
Our strategy requires a culture of working together and permanent learning. It’s only with this mindset that we unleash the best in ourselves to deliver a high standard of performance. ABN AMRO’s culture is the catalyst for the evolution in which we find ourselves: our people are imaginative, trust each other and do just that little bit extra to help clients.
ABN AMRO UK is part of the Corporate Banking business line and operates the following businesses in the UK:
• Corporate and Institutional Banking which includes Corporate Banking, Clearing, Global Markets - Sales & Trading and Financial Institutions
• Commercial Banking which includes Asset Based Finance and International Desk, which provides transactional banking services
Our business lines are supported by a number of functions such as Risk, Compliance, Legal, IT, Finance (Including Tax), Business Management and Human Resources. We currently employ approx. 380 people in the UK.
• Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline, ideally with an honours degree with an emphasis on a course in business administration, communication and finance or have relevant experience which meets these requirements.
• Experience in working in a regulated financial firm would be an advantage.
• Super-user or demonstrable proficiency in Microsoft Power BI.
• Demonstrable experience in embedding a data management framework and data literacy into the business.
• Demonstrable experience in understanding and using data in order to deliver upon strategic priorities.
• Good credibility, trustworthiness, problem solving, task management and self-management competencies.
• Show a high level of drive and commitment that the key aims and objectives of the role are achieved.
• Willing to engage.
• Pro-active working style, alert to improvement opportunities in MI coordination.
• Open to working in a changing environment.
• Good understanding and ability to define KPI’s & KRI’s.
• Excellent team player with a strong focus on working together to achieve results.
• Ability to remain professional and calm even under pressure and frustration.
• Data Management knowledge and understanding to include risks, controls and policies.
• Willingness to develop awareness of respective business line needs.
• Ensures alignment to applicable policy, standards and regulatory requirements.
• Delivering in a changing environment.
• Supportive of others to make things happen.
• Maximising the Performance and Potential of Self and Others
• Pro-active self-starter who converts MI concepts to tangible deliverables.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Good ability to analyse data and present risk-based information.
• Ability to prepare and present data, with supporting context and commentary.
• Organised and methodical approach to maintaining accurate records.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills to build relationships both internally and externally.
• Highly effective stakeholder and communications skills, including a track record of influencing, consulting and collaborating successfully with a wide range of stakeholders from different businesses/disciplines, maintaining credible and trusting relationships.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
What we offer
Joining ABN AMRO means working on meaningful projects. Projects that have an impact on millions of our clients. Working with a wide range of people with different backgrounds, opinions and ideas. In the Netherlands or in our international network. As a graduate or an experienced (interim) professional. We offer an environment where you will be challenged on a daily basis - professionally as well as on a personal level - so that you can grow to become the professional you want to be.
Joining ABN AMRO means working on meaningful projects. Projects that have an impact on our clients. Working with a wide range of people with different backgrounds, opinions and ideas. In the UK, in the Netherlands or elsewhere in our international network. We offer an environment where you will be challenged on a daily basis - professionally as well as on a personal level - so that you can grow to become the professional you want to be.
We have identified that the following types of flexible working may be suitable for this role in principle. Any requests will be determined in line with our Flexible Working Policy:
Type of Flexible Working Likely to be suitable
Remote Working Yes – 2/3 days in the office
Unpaid leave Yes
Other Dependent on request
Are you interested? Please apply via the button below.
For more information please contact Niki Champion, Senior Resourcing Partner, UKrecruitment@uk.abnamro.com, +44 203 192 9342.
Hoe ziet je sollicitatieprocedure eruit?
1 Reageer online op een vacature
2 Wij beoordelen je CV en motivatie
3 We nodigen je uit voor een interview
4 Daarna volgt mogelijk een assessment
5 Je ontvangt een aanbieding
6 Gefeliciteerd met je baan!
7 Welkom bij ABN AMRO!