- An entrepreneurial attitude
- A customer centric focus
- Collaborative skills
- Challenging work
- Excellent secondary employment conditions
- In charge of personal development
Why ABN AMRO?
- Building a future proof bank
- A diverse and inclusive culture
- Extensive internal career opportunities
Team Relationship Associate / Client Support
At a glance
The Team Relationship Associate reports to the Managing Director & Head of UK CIB Coverage.
The mission of the Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) Coverage team is to provide UK based Corporate and Financial Institution clients with a full service offering to meet their funding, risk management and transaction banking requirements.
The CIC Coverage function is the primary client interface and client relationship management role for serving Corporate and Financial Institution clients. The clients are organised by Themes (e.g. Energy Transition, Digitisation, Mobility etc.) and banker coverage mirrors ABN AMRO’s chosen Themes. Coverage bankers liaise between their clients and product partners, sector heads and functions in the UK and Netherlands to deliver solutions to UK and Irish clients. The main products offered are Loans, DCM, Global Markets products (FX and IR), Transaction Banking, Trade Finance, Leasing, Commercial Finance and Clearing amongst others. M&A and ECM will also be in scope.
The objective of the role is to provide administrative, business and client support to the CIC Coverage Team to ensure the group functions smoothly and efficiently. This would include assisting bankers in their daily client related administrative tasks and also reporting and coordinating reporting tasks with other areas (such as Compliance and Risk Management) on behalf of the CIC Team Head.
Duties will be varied but will consist of the following:
• Develop detailed knowledge of Coverage Banking Business concept
• Support the team to enable them to provide a high quality and efficient service to clients (both external and internal)
• Assist in the on-boarding of new clients and assist bankers with the KYC process
• Dealing with internal and external client communication, and following up where necessary, ensuring documents are dealt with in a timely manner
• Assist with the preparation of presentations
• Assist with the logging of Client Call Reports on the Client Reporting Management system (MSD)
• Assist in problem resolution/ remediation of client related operational issues
• Coordination of Coverage team data for presentations and reviews
• Produce/ gather MI for team to manage pipeline, revenue, CAC, Credit Reviews etc
• Manage ad hoc projects on behalf of the Team Head of CIC
• Assist with the organisation and tracking of projects relating To Compliance, Audit, BCP and other organisational matters
• Liaises with HR to organise staff training and other staff matters
• Organise and manage Coverage Banking external events
• Minute taking for all Coverage Banking meetings that requires minutes taking.
Your working environment
ABN AMRO is an enterprising bank with a primary focus on Northwest Europe. We serve clients in the retail, private banking and corporate banking sectors. We are also present internationally in a number of specialist activities, such as Corporate and Commercial Banking, Asset Based Finance and Clearing.
At ABN AMRO we have a clear purpose: Banking for better, for generations to come. The shift towards sustainability is one of the most important challenges of our time. Supporting our clients at times that matter has always been our role and our responsibility. Together, we aim high and work towards lasting relationships that are relevant and responsible, both now and in the future. We want to be the bank that leads the way.
Our strategy goes far beyond financial value: we want to accelerate the transition to sustainability. We do this by supporting and advising our clients in order to facilitate their sustainability shift. Our commitment to clients, employees, investors and society calls for clear direction, focus and dedication.
We concentrate on our three strategic pillars:
• Support our clients’ transition to sustainability
• Reinvent the customer experience
• Build a future-proof bank
Our strategy requires a culture of working together and permanent learning. It’s only with this mindset that we unleash the best in ourselves to deliver a high standard of performance. ABN AMRO’s culture is the catalyst for the evolution in which we find ourselves: our people are imaginative, trust each other and do just that little bit extra to help clients.
ABN AMRO UK is part of the Corporate Banking business line and operates the following businesses in the UK:
• Corporate and Institutional Banking which includes Corporate Banking, Clearing, Global Markets - Sales & Trading and Financial Institutions
• Commercial Banking which includes Asset Based Finance and International Desk, which provides transactional banking services
Our business lines are supported by a number of functions such as Risk, Compliance, Legal, IT, Finance (Including Tax), Business Management and Human Resources. We currently employ approx. 380 people in the UK.
• Ability to communicate clearly a professionally
• Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
• Strong ability to analyse data and information
• Proficiency with Word / Excel / PowerPoint / Internet Explorer
• Financial insight; Understanding of Client facing role (preferably banking);
• Personal Integrity and strong ethics
• Interact with all levels of management, clients and staff in the UK office and internationally
• Absolute discretion and ability to work with confidential information
• Self-motivated with a willingness to learn and contribute to the performance of the team
• Ability to prioritise and handle pressure, and to know when to escalate items to appropriate level of management
• Confident and presentable with excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Attention to detail
• Strong team player and pro-active in offering help to other members of the team
• Flexible and open to new work and responsibilities
What we offer
Joining ABN AMRO means working on meaningful projects. Projects that have an impact on our clients. Working with a wide range of people with different backgrounds, opinions and ideas. In the UK, in the Netherlands or elsewhere in our international network. We offer an environment where you will be challenged on a daily basis - professionally as well as on a personal level - so that you can grow to become the professional you want to be.
Are you interested? Please apply via the button below.
For more information please contact Niki Champion, Senior Resourcing Partner, UKrecruitment@uk.abnamro.com, +44 203 192 9342.
Hoe ziet je sollicitatieprocedure eruit?
1 Reageer online op een vacature
2 Wij beoordelen je CV en motivatie
3 We nodigen je uit voor een interview
4 Daarna volgt mogelijk een assessment
5 Je ontvangt een aanbieding
6 Gefeliciteerd met je baan!
7 Welkom bij ABN AMRO!