- An entrepreneurial attitude
- A customer centric focus
- Collaborative skills
- Challenging work
- Excellent secondary employment conditions
- In charge of personal development
Why ABN AMRO?
- Building a future proof bank
- A diverse and inclusive culture
- Extensive internal career opportunities
Internship Programme 2023 - Human Resources
ABN AMRO is a Northwest European personal bank in the digital age, with our Head Office based in Amsterdam. Our bank has a diverse history, dating back more than 300 years and is characterised by acquisitions, split-ups and mergers. The current ABN AMRO started in 2010 with the merger with Fortis Bank Nederland, after Fortis, Royal Bank of Scotland and Banco Santander bought ABN AMRO in 2007 and afterwards split up the bank in parts.
Across our offices we have an employee presence of circa. 19,000 people and in the UK, we work alongside 350 of those employees. We are a bank that is committed to playing a serious role in society. Technology helps us to bring banking closer to our clients and what they need. Our areas of focus are inclusion, sustainability, social entrepreneurship, innovation and daily banking. Robust corporate governance is key for us to achieve our strategic ambitions and helps us to support our clients with our banking expertise, reliably and professionally, both in the Netherlands and abroad.
As a bank, we serve clients in the retail, private banking and corporate banking sectors. Within our Northwest European scope, we are also present in a number of specialist activities, such as Corporate and Commercial Banking, Asset Based Finance and Clearing. Our UK branch is part of the Corporate Banking business line and operates within the following areas:
• Corporate and Institutional Banking which includes Corporate Banking, Clearing, Global Markets - Sales & Trading and Financial Institutions
• Commercial Clients which includes Asset Based Finance and Transaction Banking Hub, which provides trade finance and transactional banking services
Our Strategy, Core Values and Purpose
What we do (Our Strategy) – We want to be a personal bank in the digital age
How we do this (Our Core Values) – Care, Courage, and Collaboration
The reason why (Our Purpose) – Banking for better, for generations to come
Our core values of Care, Courage and Collaboration shape our culture. We are looking to live these values in everything we do, for our clients and for each other. It is through our values that we connect and that we are able to create an environment where everyone can be themselves. As a result, we enjoy working together, always wanting to stretch ourselves and we’re keen to go that extra mile. We feel embodying this ethos is important in a challenging environment where change is all around us and expectations are high.
Together, these principles foster a culture of working together and permanent learning. It’s only with this mindset that we bring the best in ourselves to deliver a high standard of performance. Our culture is the catalyst for the evolution in which we find ourselves: our people are imaginative, trust each other and do just that little bit extra to help clients.
You can learn more about ABN AMRO via our website.
Our Internship Programme
We are delighted to launch our insightful Summer placements of various lengths across several departments within our London office.
6 to 7 weeks, commencing mid-June to mid-September
8 to 10 weeks, commencing in June
Process & Controls
3 months, commencing June
6 weeks, commencing in June
8 to 12 weeks, commencing June/July
4 weeks, commencing mid-July
8 to 10 weeks, commencing in June/July
1 to 2 months, commencing in July
What do we offer?
• Valuable insight into Financial Services
• Opportunity to work in a dynamic, inclusive and flexible environment where you are encouraged to grow and develop
• Collaboration on various activities and meaningful projects that drive towards the bank’s objectives and supports our clients
• Working with a wide range of people with different backgrounds, opinions and ideas
• An environment where you will be challenged on a daily basis to refine your professional and soft skills
• Mentoring by the line manager of the department, who will equally ensure you are sufficiently supported through guidance and any training required
Department and Team Culture
There are seven members in total within the HR team across the Advisory and Reward expertise:
Country HR Director
HR Business Partners (x2) Reward Manager
HR Advisor Pay and Benefits Specialist
(Resource Solutions – Outsourced Recruitment team)
We are friendly, conscientious and open-minded individuals who aspire to challenge the status quo to affect positive change alongside delivering specialist and proactive support to the UK business lines in alignment with the bank’s strategy.
What will your responsibilities look like?
You will be able to refine your project skills and experience in supporting the team on specialist projects. You will also be able to gain insight into HR by providing valuable support in carrying out day-to-day HR activities within areas such as; Reward, Advisory, Policy and Governance, Learning & Development, Wellbeing and Diversity & Inclusion.
Your duties could include:
• Dedicated support on specific projects
• Maintaining accuracy of employee e-files and HR database
• Gathering payroll data to support processing of monthly pay-runs
• Assist in implementing any new or changes in our policies
• Prepare data analysis, working with reports and personal and/or sensitive information
• Participate in organising events in line with annual HR calendar and initiatives
• Collaboration with our Head Office colleagues on international initiatives
What are we looking for?
• Penultimate year undergraduate student (studying a relevant degree) or second/third year apprenticeship student equivalent
• Experience in an office environment and/or in an Administrative role is a plus
• Familiarity with navigating databases and reporting is advantageous
• Enthusiastic individuals with contemporary values
• A motivated interest in Financial Services
• Ability to communicate clearly and comprehensively with a variety of audiences
• Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships
• Excellent collaboration skills
• Effective at following instructions
• Demonstrable attention to detail
• Adept at balancing priorities and multitasking
• Strong organisation skills
• Solid IT skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
How to Apply
If you feel that you would be a great candidate, please submit your interest for the placement that best suits your skills, ambitions and availability via the ‘Apply’ button. We understand that you may feel your CV isn’t extensive or wholesomely capture who you are and your skillset, for this reason we would like to hear more about you in a cover letter! Please note that you’ll need to submit this alongside your CV via the portal when prompted.
Successful applicants will be contacted regarding next steps which will involve a selection process consisting of an interview with the department of interest.
For more information, please contact:
+44 203 192 9342
Salary Indication: (London Living Wage - £11.95 per hour)
£90 per day, equivalent to £20,430 per annum and £X for duration of placement
Working hours per week
Hybrid working arrangement with 4 days in office and 1 day working from home
Right to Work Requirements
Please note you must be a British National or have an existing UK Right to Work status to apply
Hoe ziet je sollicitatieprocedure eruit?
1 Reageer online op een vacature
2 Wij beoordelen je CV en motivatie
3 We nodigen je uit voor een interview
4 Daarna volgt mogelijk een assessment
5 Je ontvangt een aanbieding
6 Gefeliciteerd met je baan!
7 Welkom bij ABN AMRO!