- An entrepreneurial attitude
- A customer centric focus
- Collaborative skills
- Challenging work
- Excellent secondary employment conditions
- In charge of personal development
Why ABN AMRO?
- Building a future proof bank
- A diverse and inclusive culture
- Extensive internal career opportunities
At a glance
ABN AMRO Asset Based Finance, N.V., (“ABF”) located in Utrecht and Den Bosch (the Netherlands), is internationally cross border organised and has operating companies in Germany, Belgium, France, the United Kingdom and the Netherlands. ABF is designed as a specialised business company within ABN AMRO Bank. In the UK, the company consists of about 190 FTEs. In the UK, ABF is positioned between the high street banks and the independents, with the balance sheet and structuring capabilities of a high street bank and the flexibility of an independent. ABF’s market share in UK is just over 2%, with the ambition to grow to 5%.
ABF provides Leasing and Commercial Finance/Asset Based Lending solutions to customers in all segments: SME, corporates and large corporates including international clients. In the Netherlands this is mainly to ABN AMRO clients, in other countries this is mainly to non ABN AMRO clients. In the smaller end of the segments, the focus in on having a digital offering, with standardised and harmonised products and processes. In the larger segments, the focus is on a coverage model, with a modular product offering that allows for bespoke solutions.
Portfolio Management (PM) reports up into the UK Managing Director of ABF UK, via the Head of Commercial Support (UK).
PM focuses exclusively on the Lease/asset finance side of the ABF UK business, which currently consists of circa 200 UK medium to large corporates with exposures to ABF generally ranging from £1m to £70m across the core Lease product set (finance lease, operating lease, hire purchase, loans, and contract receivables).
PM’s core function is to take responsibility for the credit and general risk assessment and management, from a first line (i.e. commercial) perspective, of this existing client portfolio. The main activity is assessing, writing and submitting periodic credit reviews to the Credit Risk Management function for approval, but also involves covenant and general performance monitoring (e.g. reviewing MI and forecasts), close management of concern cases, and working with the Head of Commercial Support as required.
PM will also undertake a number of general functions in support of the business / Head of Sales Support, as and when required.
- Take ownership for the performance of periodic credit and risk assessments of a portfolio of clients. Writing and submitting reviews to asses client and guarantor performance and risks, working closely with the Relationship Director (RD) and Credit Risk Management team to ensure suitable risk management of the portfolio.
- Understand and ensure portfolio is managed and monitored in compliance with all group policies and processes.
- Work with RD’s in proposing extensions, modifications and renewals.
- Work directly with clients and RD’s to obtain all necessary financial statements and transaction information in order to create and analyse funding requests
- Prepare financial spreads and risk rating score cards
- Conduct company, industry and market analysis to further assess obligor and guarantor credit quality
- Monitor credit status and quality of customer exposure on a regularly scheduled basis, including assessment of current risk rating
- Monitor covenant testing for the UK portfolio
- Test obligor and guarantor operating performance against original underwriting and projections upon receipt of required reporting information (monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, annually), running sensitivity analyses when appropriate.
- Support and assist UK team as workload dictates
- Work independently and as part of a deal team as and when required
- Complete other duties and special projects as assigned by Head of Sales Support.
- Liaise with AAL Utrecht Headquarters and ABN AMRO Bank in Amsterdam on specific structures.
Your working environment
ABN AMRO is an enterprising bank with a primary focus on Northwest Europe. We serve clients in the retail, private banking and corporate banking sectors. We are also present internationally in a number of specialist activities, such as Corporate and Commercial Banking, Asset Based Finance and Clearing.
At ABN AMRO we have a clear purpose: Banking for better, for generations to come. The shift towards sustainability is one of the most important challenges of our time. Supporting our clients at times that matter has always been our role and our responsibility. Together, we aim high and work towards lasting relationships that are relevant and responsible, both now and in the future. We want to be the bank that leads the way.
Our strategy goes far beyond financial value: we want to accelerate the transition to sustainability. We do this by supporting and advising our clients in order to facilitate their sustainability shift. Our commitment to clients, employees, investors and society calls for clear direction, focus and dedication.
We concentrate on our three strategic pillars:
• Support our clients’ transition to sustainability
• Reinvent the customer experience
• Build a future-proof bank
Our strategy requires a culture of working together and permanent learning. It’s only with this mindset that we unleash the best in ourselves to deliver a high standard of performance. ABN AMRO’s culture is the catalyst for the evolution in which we find ourselves: our people are imaginative, trust each other and do just that little bit extra to help clients.
ABN AMRO UK is part of the Corporate Banking business line and operates the following businesses in the UK:
• Corporate and Institutional Banking which includes Corporate Banking, Clearing, Global Markets - Sales & Trading and Financial Institutions
• Commercial Banking which includes Asset Based Finance and International Desk, which provides transactional banking services
Our business lines are supported by a number of functions such as Risk, Compliance, Legal, IT, Finance (Including Tax), Business Management and Human Resources. We currently employ approx. 380 people in the UK.
• Degree level education is preferable.
• AAT, ACCA, CFA, ACT or other banking qualifications are desirable but not a requirement.
• Direct credit analysis or credit underwriting experience, specifically of lending facilities into mid to large corporate entities (ideally in the UK).
• Knowledge of lending / asset finance / structured finance / corporate banking market, products and activities.
• Experience in general risk management and working to complex processes and procedures.
• Ability to understand and interpret financial statements, management information (including cashflow analysis and forecasting), assessing sensitivity analyses, and monitoring covenant compliance.
• Advanced understanding of financial ratios and business principles with a strong analytical skillset and an ability to question assumptions and make considered, well balanced recommendations for approval to the Credit Risk function.
• Highly motivated and ambitious, with high energy levels and ability to prioritise, manage own workloads, and multi-task effectively.
• Willingness to learn and self-develop.
• Solution driven, pro-active and with a can-do mentality.
• Good general risk management knowledge.
• Ability to develop and manage positive relationships with key stakeholders across a wide spectrum of roles (internal and external).
What we offer
Joining ABN AMRO means working on meaningful projects. Projects that have an impact on our clients. Working with a wide range of people with different backgrounds, opinions and ideas. In the UK, in the Netherlands or elsewhere in our international network. We offer an environment where you will be challenged on a daily basis - professionally as well as on a personal level - so that you can grow to become the professional you want to be.
We have identified that the following types of flexible working may be suitable for this role in principle. Any requests will be determined in line with our Flexible Working Policy:
Type of Flexible Working May be Considered
Job Sharing Yes
Remote Working Yes
Unpaid leave Yes
Staggered hours Yes
Are you interested? Please apply via the button below.
For more information please contact Niki Champion, Senior Resourcing Partner, UKrecruitment@uk.abnamro.com, +44 203 192 9342.
Hoe ziet je sollicitatieprocedure eruit?
1 Reageer online op een vacature
2 Wij beoordelen je CV en motivatie
3 We nodigen je uit voor een interview
4 Daarna volgt mogelijk een assessment
5 Je ontvangt een aanbieding
6 Gefeliciteerd met je baan!
7 Welkom bij ABN AMRO!