- 2 - 5 jaar
- Een inventieve instelling
- Analytische skills
- € 4.526 - € 6.463 pm
- Een uitgebreid arbeidsvoorwaardenpakket
- Regie op eigen ontwikkeling
Waarom ABN AMRO?
- Bouwen aan de bank van de toekomst
- Een diverse en inclusieve cultuur
- Veel interne doorgroeimogelijkheden
Site Reliability Engineer | Back-end ABN AMRO app (Amsterdam)
At a glance
Are you a technical expert and enthusiastic person who likes to work in a team but also wants to inspire others? Then we are looking for you as Reliability Engineer for our back-end ABN AMRO app teams, to make ABN AMRO a personal bank in a digital age!
Within the Personal Banking Grid, we work every day hard to develop and run ABN AMRO Internet Banking and the ABN AMRO app. We strongly believe in a DevOps way of working. One of our strategic goals is to become data-driven, so we can get to know our clients even more and serve them in a better way.
As a Site Reliability Engineer in your scrum team, you will be working on the back-end applications of the ABN AMRO App, one of the most popular banking apps in The Netherlands. You are contributing to good quality and future proof IT solutions. You also will align with Chapter Leads and relevant stakeholders.
Your core tasks:
- Build monitoring
- Apply alerting
- Incident management
- Problem solving
- Report to internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure that the NFRs are applied
- Ensure that the deliveries meet the acceptance criteria
- From a reliability perspective, you feel the need to think along with technical or architectural decisions and challenge others to get to the best solutions. You know how to set up load balancers, you have knowledge about the benefits and disbenefits of different data center regions, and are familiar with concepts like active/active versus active/passive.
The above is not only applicable to your own applications, but you will also have a pro-active mindset and mentality to dive further into the chain of applications, services and people to help and create a resilient landscape for your applications. Being able to look into application code would also help!
At ABN AMRO, we strive to be a personal bank in a digital age. Within the Personal Banking Grid. we work on this strategy every day, and we do that in a DevOps environment. We strive to ensure that our customers can work fully digitally, on their computers and phone. On a daily basis you work together inside and outside your team with developers, QAs, designers and product owners. You are the expert in Reliability Engineering, but also get energy from sharing knowledge and challenging each other, for example by sharing our expertise in our blog, during the events of our developer community and by organising hackathons.
We regard hybrid working as the new normal. This gives you the flexibility to decide when and where you can work most comfortably and effectively. Of course, we offer you the right resources you need to set up a good home office. For example, an ergonomic chair, desk, and laptop.
You feel at home in a technical environment and are always up to date on the latest technologies. You recognize yourself in the following profile:
- 3+ years of experience in Reliability Engineering, or 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering, System Engineering or Software Quality Assurance
- Strong experience with public cloud solutions, preferably Azure
- ITIL4 certification
- Experience with programming languages, preferably Java
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills in English
- Experience in working DevOps
- Advanced with CI/CD tooling and release management
- Understand and act upon the Scrum values (openness, courage, commitment, respect and focus)
- Experienced in incident management, change management and crisis management preferably in the payments area
- Understands what kind of monitoring is needed and ensures that the right monitoring and alerting is available to the team
- You educate yourself with the right technical capabilities and the latest developments in your area of expertise, and actively participate in knowledge gaining and sharing.
We are offering
As a Site Reliability Engineering you are given every opportunity and independence to demonstrate your professional expertise in a no-nonsense environment and to further develop yourself. We attach great value to personal development and thereby offer you many training and development opportunities. In addition:
- The opportunity to be the best you can be, work flexible hours and lots of room to grow both personally and professionally
- Market conform salary
- Pension scheme
- Benefit budget, so you can decide yourself if you want extra holiday allowances, lease a bike or that you want the budget paid out as extra salary
- Personal development budget
Banking for better days. These are days you can use for your personal development or on which you can contribute to society
Are you interested? Then respond to this vacancy by sending your CV and motivational letter!
For more information, you can reach out to Pleun Stokkers (firstname.lastname@example.org). We would like to get to know you!
Equal opportunities for all
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.
Disclaimer external recruitment agencies
External recruitment agencies need to have a signed agreement with ABN AMRO BANK N.V., executed by a Talent Acquisition Specialist, when submitting a resume to a vacancy. In addition, a recruitment agency can only submit a resume when invited by a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join the search for a right candidate. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of ABN AMRO BANK N.V. In this case, ABN AMRO will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Hoe ziet je sollicitatieprocedure eruit?
1 Reageer online op een vacature
2 Wij beoordelen je CV en motivatie
3 We nodigen je uit voor een interview
4 Daarna volgt mogelijk een assessment
5 Je ontvangt een aanbieding
6 Gefeliciteerd met je baan!
7 Welkom bij ABN AMRO!