- 5 - 10 jaar
- Analytische skills
- Zie vacaturetekst
- Een uitgebreid arbeidsvoorwaardenpakket
- Regie op eigen ontwikkeling
Waarom ABN AMRO?
- Bouwen aan de bank van de toekomst
- Een diverse en inclusieve cultuur
- Veel interne doorgroeimogelijkheden
At a glance
The financial markets are constantly changing, and with it the expectations and information needs of market participants. As a bank, ABN AMRO is faced with a multitude of requirements that have different origins, but one thing in common, they must be implemented and complied with. One of ABN AMRO’s three strategic pillars is to ‘build a future-proof bank’. Finance is key to this strategic pillar, ABN AMRO can only be future-proof if its financial and sustainability reporting meets the expectations and information needs of its stakeholders. The Financial Accounting Policies team contributes to this by defining policies that frame ABN AMRO’s financial and sustainability accounting and reporting.
We are currently looking for an ambitious and experienced finance professional to join our team.
FRS Policies is responsible for establishing and maintaining ABN AMRO’s group accounting policies. The group accounting policies form the basis for all ABN AMRO’s internal and external financial and sustainability reporting. It is our job to provide technical accounting support on complex accounting issues and new transactions. But also to stay abreast of changes in IFRS accounting, regulatory and legal requirements. We ensure ABN AMRO’s accounting policies are up to date and we advise both internal and external stakeholders on the impact of changes in applicable requirements.
In your role as domain expert, you will:
- Write and review accounting memos on accounting issues and new transactions;
- Establish ABN AMRO’s accounting policies accompanied by practical application guidance;
- Identify and monitor changes in IFRS accounting, regulatory and legal requirements and determine the impact on ABN AMRO;
- Provide business lines / deal teams / senior management with insights on relevant requirements needed in business decision making.
- Provide support to the different accounting and reporting departments on complex and non-recurring events and transactions; and
- Participate in industry working groups and contribute to the development of IFRS accounting, regulatory and legal requirements.
The Policies & Internal Control (P&IC) department is part of Financial Accounting within Finance and consists of approximately 25 people. In addition to IFRS, we are involved in establishing regulatory policies (including Basel III/IV) and creating/testing/monitoring internal control measures in order to create reliable reporting. As a P&IC department, we often serve as a source of information for all kinds of interesting issues in the field of accounting and regulations and we are the first point of contact for our external accountant and senior management. P&IC coordinates and advises whether the reports meet all reporting requirements.
We are seeking an individual who is interested in sharing her/his expertise and is not afraid to dive into technical accounting issues.
To meet the requirements of your roll, you have:
- Master’s degree and are a certified accountant;
- Sound knowledge IFRS accounting requirements and experience with practical application;
- Good understanding of a bank’s business, including knowledge of financial instruments;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing; and
- A minimum of five years relevant working experience.
We are offering
- The opportunity to be the best you can be, work flexible hours and lots of room to grow both personally and professionally;
- Hybrid working environment (home and office);
- A gross annual salary between 65k and 100k (40 hours - incl Benefit Budget);
- A personal development budget of € 1,000 per year;
- A solid pension scheme.
If you are interested please apply online. For questions, please contact Jacob Ketelaar, department manager (06-22235104) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal opportunities for all
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.
Disclaimer external recruitment agencies
External recruitment agencies need to have a signed agreement with ABN AMRO BANK N.V., executed by a Talent Acquisition Specialist, when submitting a resume to a vacancy. In addition, a recruitment agency can only submit a resume when invited by a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join the search for a right candidate. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of ABN AMRO BANK N.V. In this case, ABN AMRO will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Hoe ziet je sollicitatieprocedure eruit?
1 Reageer online op een vacature
2 Wij beoordelen je CV en motivatie
3 We nodigen je uit voor een interview
4 Daarna volgt mogelijk een assessment
5 Je ontvangt een aanbieding
6 Gefeliciteerd met je baan!
7 Welkom bij ABN AMRO!