- An entrepreneurial attitude
- A customer centric focus
- Collaborative skills
- Challenging work
- Excellent secondary employment conditions
- In charge of personal development
Why ABN AMRO?
- Building a future proof bank
- A diverse and inclusive culture
- Extensive internal career opportunities
BE - Compliance AML Officer
Your future employer
ABN AMRO Bank NV Belgium specializes in Private Banking, Corporate Banking and is the market leader in the Diamond sector. From our headquarters in Berchem and Ghent, and offices in Antwerp, Hasselt, Brussels, Courtrai, Bruges and Tournai, we are actively building a modern, innovative and sustainable bank that is close to its clients. We offer innovative products and services to both individuals and companies.
ABN AMRO Bank NV Belgium belongs to the ABN AMRO Bank NV Group, one of the largest banks in the Netherlands. Internationally, we have a leading position in a number of specialized markets such as Private Banking, Corporate & Institutional Banking, Diamond & Jewelry Clients and Wealth Management.
Your future context
Do you have strong expertise in Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctions and Anti-Bribery and Corruption, combined with knowledge and understanding of the international banking environment? And would you like to be have a say in the acceptability of the bank’s clients?
As Compliance AML Officer, you will be part of the Belgium Compliance team that supports the bank’s Private Banking (PB), Diamonds & Jewellery Clients (D&JC) and the International Desk (ID - mainly Dutch clients with branches and subsidiaries abroad) business.
The team provides guidance and advice on the full range of compliance topics, including written and verbal advice to the business regarding the risks and acceptability of the clients, and it monitors the business’ adherence to the regulatory and policy requirements.
In addition, you will contribute to various activities and projects aimed at improving the maturity of financial crime risk management by the business in the aforementioned topics.
This role forms part of the Belgium Compliance team, a team of currently 11 FTE. For approximately half the team, the main focus is on Financial Crime, including this vacant role.
The Belgium Compliance team covers the various business lines in Belgium; Private Banking, Diamonds & Jewellery Clients (D&JC) and the International Desk (ID - mainly Dutch clients with branches and subsidiaries abroad).
Daily you will interact with PB, D&JC and ID bankers, CDD Analysts and a range of other stakeholders across the organisation.
The Belgium Compliance team is part of the wider ABN AMRO Compliance department, consisting of approximately 300 professionals worldwide.
Your future role
- You will review KYC / client acceptance files prepared by the business lines, to assess compliance / client integrity risks, including money-laundering, sanctions, bribery & corruption and tax integrity.
- You will provide advice to the business as to the acceptability of the clients. At onboarding stage, during periodic reviews and for event-driven reviews.
- You will attend and participate in Client Acceptance committee meetings to explain Compliance advice / viewpoints to the business.
- You will assess and advice on screening alerts escalated by the 1st Line of Defence related to sanctions, politically exposed persons (PEPs) and adverse media coverage (“bad press”).
- You will provide ad-hoc advice and guidance to the business on all matters related to Financial Crime Prevention.
- You will liaise with other experts within Compliance and other functions (e.g. Legal, Tax, Sustainability) in providing appropriate advice to the business.
- You will assist in the effective review and implementation of new policies and procedures.
- You will perform regulatory horizon scanning and translate relevant new laws, regulations and regulatory guidance into action plans.
- You will assess any alerts of a-typical transactions, facts or customer behaviour escalated by the 1st Line of Defence and advice the AMLCO whether a notification to the CTIF-CFI is required;
- On instruction of the AMLCO you will assist in reporting a-typical transactions, facts or customer behaviour to the CTIF-CFI.
- You assist in the periodic sample based testing of financial crime controls.
- You assist in delivering compliance reports to management, head office and regulators.
- You will participate in projects and initiatives aimed at improving the mitigation of client integrity risks.
- You will provide training and support to the business to continuously enhance awareness and understanding of AML and client integrity related risks and regulations.
Our ideal colleague
You have at least 3 - 5 years of work experience in the field of Client Integrity, AML and Sanctions in the financial services sector. This preferably includes experience in a 2nd line Compliance function. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You enjoy working as part of a team and are good at working with others. You have a high level of self-knowledge and an intrinsic motivation to continuously improve yourself and the bank. You have keen analytical skills enabling you to get to the heart of a problem quickly and draw the appropriate conclusions. A basic knowledge of Belgian fiscal rules is a pre. You take pride in your work, including the finer details. You are able to put things into perspective.
- You have the ability to identify and clearly explain regulatory compliance risks.
- You have an academic degree, preferably in Business, Law or other relevant field.
- You have obtained relevant certificates in the field of financial crime prevention, for example ACAMS or an ICA AML Diploma.
- You have strong knowledge of rules and regulations and bank policies on AML/CTF and Sanctions, including the relevant Belgian laws and regulations. Knowledge of Belgian fiscal rules is preferred.
- You have direct experience with review of KYC/CDD files for Private Banking and Corporate clients / complex client files with an international dimension.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. A good knowledge of French is preferred
- You have an understanding of Private, corporate and investment banking and associated product sets such as money transfers (in country and cross border), security transactions, lending and investment products, corporate and trade finance.
- You are aware of and interested in the complex and international business environment and geo-political environment in which our clients operate.
- You are a team player and contribute actively to the development of other team members.
ABN AMRO attaches great importance to personal development. For us, this also means a great deal of responsibility and scope for entrepreneurship. Of course, this includes a salary in line with your competencies and excellent terms of employment (such as meal vouchers, an extensive group insurance package and flexible working).
Do you recognize yourself in this profile?
Then upload your CV and motivation letter into our platform and we will be in touch.
We look forward to meeting you!
Hoe ziet je sollicitatieprocedure eruit?
1 Reageer online op een vacature
2 Wij beoordelen je CV en motivatie
3 We nodigen je uit voor een interview
4 Daarna volgt mogelijk een assessment
5 Je ontvangt een aanbieding
6 Gefeliciteerd met je baan!
7 Welkom bij ABN AMRO!