- 0 - 5 jaar
- Analytische skills
- Een creatief brein
- Een uitgebreid arbeidsvoorwaardenpakket
- Regie op eigen ontwikkeling
Waarom ABN AMRO?
- Bouwen aan de bank van de toekomst
- Een diverse en inclusieve cultuur
- Veel interne doorgroeimogelijkheden
Internship Coverage Banking Shipping
At a glance
The Shipping Coverage team, one of ABN AMRO’s Corporate & Institutional Clients (CIC) coverage teams, offers a dynamic, challenging and international environment. We focus on deep sea Shipping Clients in Europe, and together with the Bank’s product teams, offer suitable products and services to our clients.
As the Shipping markets are dynamic and rapidly evolving in order to commit to a lower emission footprint, there is a clear need for an intern that wants to apply and utilize his/her financial and/or technical academic skills to the Shipping Industry. As an intern you will become a full team member and support the daily (commercial) activities of the Coverage banker and in addition focus on specific projects where you will be able to utilize your existing skills and learn new skills. You will also provide assistance to the coverage team in discussions with (potential) clients and the origination of client business.
Within the Shipping department:
- You will monitor and analyze relevant trends in various sub-sectors of and update internal and external materials accordingly
- You will assist the Coverage Bankers in creating material such as case studies, market analyses and pitchbooks for prospects and clients.
- You will assist the Coverage Bankers with Sustainability reviews and other internal projects
- You will be given the opportunity to participate in prospect and client calls and design solutions for (potential) clients seeking financial products across Merger & Acquisitions, Debt and Equity Capital Markets.
- You will be involved in Climate Strategy related projects.
Your working environment
CIC is active in sectors where we have proven expertise, relevant products and a strong market position. You will come to work in a team at our Amsterdam headquarters, but will also work with colleagues in Norway and Greece. Our clients range from large established corporate companies and private equity firms to smaller companies and we offer a range of products including lending, advisory and financial markets products.
Please read this profile well
Are you analytical and good with numbers? Do you have a strong business sense and well developed social skills? We are looking for an intern with strong analytical and numerical skills, affinity with finance and an interest in the Maritime sector. You are a(n) (ex-)student with the ambition to gain significant experience in a banking environment. Although your daily activities will be internally focused, a commercial mind-set is essential. Close attention to detail is required, whilst retaining an oversight of the bigger picture.
- You’re in the final year of obtaining your Master degree (or you’re a recent Master graduate), preferably in finance, business economics or technical background
- You are fluent in English
- You have good commercial, analytical and writing skills. You can prepare well-structured and well-presented written materials in English
- You have an intellectual curiosity and an eagerness to learn
- You live in the Netherlands, have the rights to work in the Netherlands and, when necessary, your residence permit is valid until at least the end of your internship
- You are experienced in working with Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word
- You enjoy working in a team, are a team player and have well developed social skills
- You are available for at least a 4-month internship (extension possible)
What we offer
An internship with ABN AMRO offers a chance to show your skills and talents in a professional and corporate environment. We invest extensively in training and personal development of young talent and typically recruit to our trainee programs from applicants who have completed an internship with us. Additionally, an internship at ABN AMRO offers an excellent opportunity to gain work experience, get to know our working culture and to expand your network. On top of that you will receive an attractive compensation.
If you are interested in this internship, please apply via this link. Upload your resume and cover letter, indicating the period you are available for an internship. For more information you can contact Remco Jongkind (Remco.Jeroen.Jongkind@nl.abnamro.com)
Hoe ziet je sollicitatieprocedure eruit?
1 Reageer online op een vacature
2 Wij beoordelen je CV en motivatie
3 We nodigen je uit voor een interview
4 Daarna volgt mogelijk een assessment
5 Je ontvangt een aanbieding
6 Gefeliciteerd met je baan!
7 Welkom bij ABN AMRO!