- 10+ jaar
- Passie voor je vakgebied
- Een procesmatige aanpak
- € 6.012 - € 8.588 pm
- Een uitgebreid arbeidsvoorwaardenpakket
- Regie op eigen ontwikkeling
Waarom ABN AMRO?
- Bouwen aan de bank van de toekomst
- Een diverse en inclusieve cultuur
- Veel interne doorgroeimogelijkheden
Credit Analyst Project Finance
At a glance
The position: Senior Credit Analyst Project Finance within the Credit Risk Decisioning team with focus on Project Finance (PF), New Energies and Shipping - see further below more details under 'Working environment'. The focus sectors / segments are at the heart of the (climate) strategy of the bank, therefore we service a growing portfolio supporting the digital, energy and mobility transition.
Credit Risk Decisioning means working on safeguarding the moderate risk profile of the relevant business lines. Credit Risk Decisioning provides timely and well substantiated (integrated) risk analysis and takes decisions within delegated authority on individual credit proposals and regular credit reviews.
Credit Risk Decisioning contributes to Monitoring and Oversight of the allocated credit portfolio by active participation in relevant committees where decisions on Credit Risk Decision (and our oversight thereof) are being made. Colleagues within Credit Risk Decisioning are the subject matter expert for credit risk assessments in their sector/segment. Colleagues have good understanding of Credit Risk policies, models and regulations.
Colleagues working for Credit Risk Decisioning also play a key role in sharing knowledge, instilling a strong credit risk culture and providing training throughout ABN AMRO. This so that the prerequisites and roles with regard to credit decisioning are well understood throughout the bank.
- Providing Credit Risk analysis and decisioning within the delegated authority on credit proposals and reviews of the portfolio in scope.
- Safeguarding the moderate risk profile of the bank by making substantiated, integrated, risk advices and decisions on individual files, as per the risk governance of the bank.
- Presenting (credit) proposals / advices in risk committees (e.g. CCC, BRC).
- Actively involved in Watch and other Risk meetings, pre-discussions for larger and / or complex files with business lines to ensure focus on the right transactions and ensuring better and focused credit proposals.
- Responsible for embedding regulations and regulatory changes in daily credit decisions, such as the EBA LOM guidelines on SFR / ESG. Providing expert knowledge to relevant stakeholders on credit risk models, policies, stress tests, portfolio deep dives & scenario analysis, credit risk reporting, RAS setting / RAS oversight, forecast impairments, ECB inspections, regulatory requests, RWA, data requirements, Risk Opinions, new origination/product propositions, etc.
Your working environment
You will work within the Credit Decisioning team with focus on Project Finance, New Energies and Shipping, which is an international team consisting of 14 credit analysts, based at the head office in Amsterdam. The team is part of the department Credit Risk Management, which is split in 6 Credit Decisioning teams (each team focusing on a specific sector or segment of the bank), an Oversight & Strategy team, and 3 Shared Credit Capabilities teams (Credit Portfolio Analysis, Change & Control, and Model Ownership & Data Management).
Shipping and New Energies are two sectors which cover the EMEA region out of five offices: Amsterdam, London, Frankfurt, Oslo and Athens. Shipping covers deep and short sea shipping (e.g. container vessels, tankers and dry bulk) and intermodal clients. Shipping is committed to be frontrunner in supporting clients and companies that have clear commitments towards the energy transition and emission reduction. New Energies covers clients active in energy (oil & gas, renewables and energy services), basic materials (chemicals, metals & minerals and building materials) and utilities, whereby there is a strong focus on supporting the energy transition. Project Finance is not dedicated to a certain sector, however concerns a product often used in the renewable energy and digital infrastructure space, with a fast growing portfolio.
We are looking for a passionate and hardworking professional with (ideally) the following skills:
- Academic qualifications: University degree in Economics, Econometrics, Business Administration, Statistics, Mathematics or related field or equivalent level of knowledge.
- At least 10 years of relevant working experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with financial analysis, credit structuring and related topics (e.g. PD, LGD, Forbearance, DoD).
- Sector, industry and product knowledge of relevant business lines. The ideal candidate would have relevant credit analyst experience in Project Finance
- Strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge on relevant (regulatory) concepts, e.g. EBA guidelines, RWA, EC.
- Strong communication skills, able to establish constructive relationships with all stakeholders.
- Open to change and working across sectors, segments, departments, and in an international environment.
- Excellent in speaking and writing in English.
What we offer
We are offering
- The opportunity to be the best you can be, work flexible hours and lots of room to grow both personally and professionally
- The opportunity to pro-actively work on your vitality and fitness
- A supplementary benefit budget of 11%, which you can spend on additional fringe benefits
- A personal development budget of EUR 1.000 per year
- An annual public transportation pass or travel budget, depending on the function
- A solid pension plan
Do not hesitate to approach us for more details, or apply directly (only possible via the official link on the website). We look forward to meeting you!
Hoe ziet je sollicitatieprocedure eruit?
1 Reageer online op een vacature
2 Wij beoordelen je CV en motivatie
3 We nodigen je uit voor een interview
4 Daarna volgt mogelijk een assessment
5 Je ontvangt een aanbieding
6 Gefeliciteerd met je baan!
7 Welkom bij ABN AMRO!