- 10+ jaar
- Natuurlijk leiderschap
- Passie voor je vakgebied
- € 6.012 - € 8.588 pm
- Een uitgebreid arbeidsvoorwaardenpakket
- Regie op eigen ontwikkeling
Waarom ABN AMRO?
- Bouwen aan de bank van de toekomst
- Een diverse en inclusieve cultuur
- Veel interne doorgroeimogelijkheden
Manager Governance & Oversight
At a glance
The Compliance AML & Sanctions team exists of 35 experts in the anti-money laundering, sanctions and other financial crime risks area. We are responsible for the policies on anti-money laundering and sanctions. We advise senior management on risk management, implementations, improvements and follow-up on incidents. We monitor the quality of 1st line owned systems and processes, and work together with other banks and the government to improve the effectiveness of implementations.
With these responsibilities the team contributes in fulfilling the gatekeeper role within ABN AMRO and the societal responsibility in fighting (financial) crime. We do this together with colleagues in other Compliance teams, Client Units and the Detecting Financial Crime (DFC) departments.
Governance & Oversight is a team within Compliance AML-Sanctions. This team oversees the DFC 1st Line Delivery Plan and coordinates the milestone validations. The team is responsible for the Client Integrity SIRA and provides input to RET and Quarterly Compliance reports. It also supports DFC Triangle, DFC SteerCo and FCRC.
You contribute to the delivery of the DFC plan by having oversight over milestone validations and follow up of conditions. You have an independent Compliance role in monitoring the functioning of processes through Thematic Reviews and advising practical solutions which focus on the risks that matter. You have a strong opinion on what good looks like and a pleasant professional way of reaching your goal.
You will work together with our colleagues in Business Compliance, Detecting Financial Crime and the Client Units to facilitate a risk based SIRA process supported by a relevant risk event library and relevant data. You will use your background and knowledge of AML requirements and CDD processes to help the bank find pragmatic solutions within the requirements.
To keep up with developments you will invest time in updating your knowledge. A risk-based view is very important when performing these activities.
ABN AMRO has a clear purpose: Banking for better, for generations to come. The Compliance department contributes to the trust of our customers, society, ABN AMRO employees, our supervisors and other stakeholders. The Compliance department monitors, identifies, analyses, assesses, reports and advises on the bank's compliance risks and is the point of contact for supervisors and government agencies (AFM, DNB, FIU, etc.) in various areas while putting customer interests first and preventing of the improper use of our financial system for money laundering and terrorist financing and other (financial) crimes.
Someone with a passion for fighting financial crime. You have notable experience with anti-money laundering measures within a financial institution, knowledge of relevant regulations, guidelines and other public information. Your ability to translate (regulatory) requirements into practical, risk-based measures is an important quality. You must understand that the basis for an effective anti-money laundering program exists of amongst others data, systems and algorithms.
You have analytical skills, the ability to distinct main from secondary issues, and you like working in a team with experts. You can achieve a result in a short time in close collaboration with other colleagues. You should be able to adapt accordingly and have the drive to continuously improve yourself. It is also important to be autonomous, have sound judgement, show ownership, and create a good network in- and outside the bank. Finally, you show awareness of the consequences of actions or decisions for parts of or the entire Bank.
- University work and thinking level;
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of at least ten years in the field of money laundering and terrorist financing prevention;
- Curious and want to understand details to be able to advise on a high level;
- A strong focus on risk-based approach and the ability to give advices and draft opinions;
- Knowledge of relevant financial crime laws, regulations (e.g. WWFT, AMLD, WTR2, FATF), guidelines (MinFin, DNB, EBA), and other public information (e.g. EU, Moneyval, Egmont Group);
- Understand the three lines of defence within a financial institution;
- Communicate with and manage stakeholders within and outside the bank;
- Strong interpersonal skills like empathy, persuasiveness, self-learning and decisiveness;
- Knowledge of administrative, project and change management;
- Demonstrated skills in effective oral and written communication skills and the ability to explain complex information clearly;
- Knowledge of the ABN AMRO organisation: involved departments, bodies and processes is an advantage.
We are offering
Compliance employees get the opportunity to demonstrate personal leadership. We have an informal way of working with a focus on expertise and collaboration. We invest in knowledge and skills by offering learning, training and coaching “on the job”. You will have the ability to grow in your salary scale.
We are offering:
• The opportunity to be the best you can be and lots of room to grow both personally and professionally
• Possibilities for flexible working hours and work from home are negotiable. We offer good facilities for remote working.
• The opportunity to pro-actively work on your vitality and fitness
• A personal development budget of EUR 1.000 per year
• An annual public transportation pass or travel budget, depending on the function
• A solid pension plan
Are you interested? Then please apply for this vacancy. For more information, please contact the manager Erik Vledder via Erik.Vledder@nl.abnamro.com. We look forward to meeting you!
Equal opportunities for all
The success of our organisation depends on the quality of our people and the ideas that they have. Truly surprising insights and innovative solutions for our clients result from an interplay of cultures, knowledge and experience. Diversity is therefore extremely important to our organisation. To ensure that everyone at ABN AMRO can develop their talents, we encourage an inclusive culture in which all colleagues feel engaged and appreciated.
Disclaimer external recruitment agencies
External recruitment agencies need to have a signed agreement with ABN AMRO BANK N.V., executed by a Talent Acquisition Specialist, when submitting a resume to a vacancy. In addition, a recruitment agency can only submit a resume when invited by a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join the search for a right candidate. All unsolicited resumes sent to us will be considered property of ABN AMRO BANK N.V. In this case, ABN AMRO will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Hoe ziet je sollicitatieprocedure eruit?
1 Reageer online op een vacature
2 Wij beoordelen je CV en motivatie
3 We nodigen je uit voor een interview
4 Daarna volgt mogelijk een assessment
5 Je ontvangt een aanbieding
6 Gefeliciteerd met je baan!
7 Welkom bij ABN AMRO!